PROGRAM INFORMATION, GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
The purpose of the Safe Places – Youth Certified Pre-registration Code Grant is to allocate training codes which will offset the cost of the online Respect in Sport (RiS) Activity Leader Training course, one of the requirements of becoming Safe Places – Youth Certified.
Any person, organization or business who provide programs or services for children and youth in our community are encouraged to apply.
(a) The applicants must provide a service or directly deliver programs in the community of Swift Current to children and youth with the intent to become Safe Places – Youth Certified.
(b) The successful applicant will receive a RiS ‘Pre-Registration code(s)’ that will allow them to access the training online free of charge. Recipients of these codes will have 60 days from the date of the confirmation letter to complete the RiS course before the training code(s) expires.
(c) Recipients of the grant must submit copies of their Safe Places – Youth Certified card or identification number to the City of Swift Current 60 days from the date of their confirmation.
If you are unsure of your eligibility please contact us.
The goal of this grant is to encourage people to recognize Safe Places – Youth certified as a quality standard for those who come in to contact with youth. The preferences outlined below may apply to the review process.
- Favorable consideration may be given to volunteer-based or non-profit organizations.
- Favorable consideration may be given to individuals, organizations or businesses that include a financial contribution towards the training themselves from their own operating budget or fundraising efforts.
- Favorable consideration may be given to those offering programs or services within our community, with no direct participation, membership or registration fees.
- Grant recipients will be acknowledged on the Safe Places website: www.SafePlacesSK.ca
- The Safe Places - Youth Certified committee will review applications for consideration on a monthly basis between March 1st, 2017 and December 1st, 2017 provided that funds remain available for the grant.
- Following the review process, applicants will be notified in writing as to whether their application has been declined or approved and for the number of training codes granted.
- If the application form is approved, the applicant will receive confirmation of the appropriate RiS ‘Pre-Registration code(s)’ to which the recipient(s) will have 60 days to complete the online course before the code expires.
Application Submission Procedure
(I) Application Deadline
Applications will be accepted between: March 1st, 2017 and December 1st, 2017.
(II) Delivery and Format
(a) By Mail: Applications must be printed or typed to be eligible and are to be submitted to the following address (Access the fillable form here):
City of Swift Current
HR Department - Safe Places Grant
Box 340; #177 1st Ave NE
Swift Current, SK
Fax: (306) 778-2194
(b) Online: Application can be filled out and submitted below.
(c) Applications that do not include all the information requested on the Application Form will be ruled ineligible for Grant funding.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM