Updated March 29, 2020
Effective Sunday, March 29, 2020, the Kiwanis Sk8 Park is closed to the public to ensure proper social distancing among citizens can be maintained. In addition, the City is strongly recommending that citizens refrain from using public playground equipment.
Updated March 27, 2020
On Friday, March 27, 2020, City Council held a special meeting to pass motions to extend short-term financial relief and flexibility to all City of Swift Current residential and commercial Property Tax and Utility customers who are experiencing the effects of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Motions passed include:
- A three-month extension of the due date for residential and commercial Property Taxes, to September 30th, 2020.
- Suspension of Utility disconnections, late payment charges and collection activities until September 30th, 2020.
In addition, customers who are on City Pre-Authorized Payment plans have the option of suspending pre-authorized payments for the time being. Those who wish to do so can call 306.778.2731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Updated March 20, 2020
Mayor Denis Perrault, Swift Current MLA Everett Hindley and Cypress Hills – Grasslands MP Jeremy Patzer provided updates today on the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to Swift Current and Southwest Saskatchewan.
The key message from all three leaders is that they are keep in touch on a regular basis and, despite representing different levels of government, they are working together to ensure that the citizens of the Southwest are well prepared to get through the COVID-19 crisis.
To learn more about how you can continue to do business with the City of Swift Current during facility closures, please visit www.swiftcurrent.ca/closure.
If your business can supply products and services in support of Canada’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://buyandsell.gc.ca/calling-all-suppliers-help-canada-combat-covid-19.
Information from the Province of Saskatchewan detailing how you can protect yourself is available here.
CONTACT YOUR LEADERS:
Mayor Denis Perrault: email@example.com
MP Jeremy Patzer: Jeremy.Patzer@parl.gc.ca
MLA Everett Hindley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated March 18, 2020
The City of Swift Current will be closing City Hall and the Swift Current Service Centre to the general public effective and including Friday, March 20, 2020, until further notice. Despite the closures, City staff will remain working and, although we will not be able to conduct face-to-dace business, we are committed to providing service to our valued residents and customers.
If you're unsure how you can conduct business with us due to these closures, please click here to learn more. We have provided a number of tips on how you can make payments and connect/disconnect utility services, among other items.
Updated March 16, 2020
The City of Swift Current would like to advise citizens that, in order to prevent the spread of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to protect residents and staff, it is taking the following precautions:
All City-operated recreation/leisure facilities will be closed to the public until further notice, effective no later than Thursday, March 19, 2020. Please keep in mind that these facilities may close before that time. This applies to:
• Innovation Credit Union i-plex, including the Swift Current Curling Club
• Fairview Arenas
• The Aquatic Centre
• The Swift Current Museum
• The Art Gallery of Swift Current, including the Swift Current Public Library
• Kinetic Park: Stockade and Palliser Pavilion
• Lt. Colonel Clifton Centre
All recreation/leisure activities that are scheduled to take place at City-operated facilities, such as lessons and programming, are cancelled effective 8:00 AM, Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
City Hall will remain open to the public; however, we are asking citizens to avoid visiting City Hall unless it is necessary. Individuals who have inquiries or who wish to make payments to the City are recommended to do so via telephone or email. Contact information is available below.
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:
All meetings of City Council will be closed to the general public until further notice. Business such as Public Hearings will be rescheduled to a date, to be determined, when public access is no longer limited.
The City of Swift Current has established a plan to ensure that essential municipal services remain in place for the duration of this pandemic. Essential services are considered necessary for the health and well-being of the community’s residents, and include:
• Light & Power
• Water & Wastewater
• Swift Current Fire Department
The closure of City-operated recreation/leisure facilities is designed, in part, to limit non-essential, person-to-person contact that will assist with keeping all essential staff healthy.
In order to cut down on non-essential, person-to-person contact, citizens are asked, whenever possible, to avoid in-person visits to City Hall and to direct questions and concerns to via telephone or email. City of Swift Current staff are available from 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays.
- For General inquiries, please contact City Hall at 306.778.2777 or email@example.com.
- For Recreation/Leisure inquiries, please contact Community Services at 306.778.2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Taxation inquiries, please contact 306.778.2704 or email@example.com.
- For Utility Billing inquiries, please contact 306.778.2731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Planning inquiries, including Bylaw, Business Development and Building Services, please contact 306.778.2714 or email@example.com.
- For Infrastructure & Operations inquiries, including Engineering, Environmental Services and Public Works, please contact 306.778.2748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Light & Power inquiries, please contact 306.778.2770 or email@example.com.
Citizens who wish to learn more about 2019 Novel Coronavirus can find reliable information via the following links:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus.html
- Government of Saskatchewan: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus#utm_campaign=q2_2015&utm_medium=short&utm_source=%2Fcoronavirus