2015 was a great year for our community, and newsworthy on many levels. As we look back at all we accomplished last year, give yourselves a big pat on the back Swift Current!
Below is a short sampling of an extraordinary year:
- We ranked #1 in Saskatchewan and #9 in Canada on CFIB’s Entrepreneurial Cities report
- Achieved a record $88 million in total construction in 2015
- Continued to enjoy one of the lowest unemployment rates in Canada
- Awarded the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games
- Launched Swift Transit scheduled bus service
- Awarded SaskPower Natural Gas Power Plant (~$1 billion project)
- Announced Centennial Plaza and Market District for downtown
- Keeping Current launched with Being Senior and Mayor in the Morning
- Completely sold out full inventory of industrial land
- The Cypress Point residential development was announced
That is just one year’s worth of success, and it was all possible because we’re a community that works together to make things happen.