Terms of Payment
Payment for service is due upon receipt of the bill. Payment must be processed by the City of Swift Current on or before the due date shown on your utility bill to avoid a late payment fee. This fee will be calculated on the balance outstanding at the rate of 1.17% compounded monthly (15% per year).
- Direct payment may be made to Cashiers at City Hall during normal business hours: 7:45 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. This includes: cash, cheque, debit card, VISA, and MasterCard
- Payment may be made via any chartered bank or Credit Union in Swift Current. Please check with your banking representative as to their procedure for processing payments by this method.
- Payment may be made by phone through participating banking institutions.
- Payment may be mailed to the City of Swift Current, PO Box 340, Swift Current, SK, S9H 3W1. To ensure accurate processing of your payment, please record your account number in the space provided on the front of your cheque.
- A Pre-Authorized Payment Plan form is available on this page (click here) or at City Hall.
Note: Cheques and pre-authorized payments returned as NSF (insufficient funds) will be charged a $20.00 administrative fee.
- Interest charges will be applied to any past due balance.
- The interest charge fee is calculated at the rate of 1.17% compounded monthly (15% per annum).
- Interest will not be paid on any credit balances.