Multi-Material Recycle Depot
The City's Recycling Depot is provided for residents of the City of Swift Current, and is included in your utility bill's Solid Waste Fees. The Depot is a fully-monitored site located at 1101 N. Railway St. W.
NEW HOURS OF OPERATION -
Thursdays OPEN LATE
Monday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Tuesday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Thursday 9:30 am to 7:30 pm
Friday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Saturdays 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Closed on all Sundays, Statutory Holidays and Easter Monday. See: Holidays
Not sure where your item should go? Use this handy online tool: http://www.saskwastereduction.ca/
Materials accepted at the depot include:
- Tin Cans (rinsed)
- Newspaper, Office Paper
- Magazines and Telephone Books
- Box Board and Corrugated Cardboard
- Plastics (separated into two groups: #2 plastic containers together, and #3, #4, #5, #7's plastics together); plastics must be cleaned with caps removed. (Please note, clean milk jugs can be taken to SARCAN for refund)
- Batteries - household batteries and automotive (single use & rechargeable)
- Wet Cell (non-recyclable) batteries (including car batteries)
- Cereal boxes, non perishable food boxes (considered boxboard, deposit with cardboard)
Note the following materials that ARE NOT accepted at the depot:
- used tissues or paper towels of any kind
- soiled cardboard (this includes used pizza boxes/food containers or coffee cups because they are contaminated)
- waxed cardboard
- glossy paper
- plastic #1
- plastic #6
- hard plastics without a number
- plastic films and bags
- or other listed items at the depot.
Materials from the Recycle Depot are weighed at the landfill weigh scale before being trucked to the Triways yard for processing. These recyclable materials are not being landfilled.
CLICK HERE to view and print our Guide to Recycling with all the information you'll need before your trip to the depot.
Need to get rid of Household Hazardous Waste Materials? CLICK HERE for details!