Located on Highway #1 East, past the Ponderosa Trailer Court on the grid road.
Landfill regular hours:
Monday to Saturday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Click here for: Landfill Holiday Closures
The City of Swift Current Landfill charges disposal fees for use of the site. These fees can be viewed or printed for your use.
2017 Landfill Fees (Effective April 1, 2017)
Please note the change to the residential rate to $10/load, and commercial rate $70/tonne.
Acceptable Fill, Concrete and Other Aggregate Specifications (For disposal of concrete and other aggregates)
Accounts: For businesses, contractors or individuals who use the Landfill on a frequent basis, it is more convenient to have an account for monthly billing. Please note new accounts can take up to one business day to process.
Print and complete: Landfill Account Application and choose one of the following options:
- Hand in completed application to the scalehouse operator at East Landfill. (paper copies of application also available for pick-up)
- Fax completed application to: 306-773-9386
- Scan completed application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail completed application to the City of Swift Current Infrastructure & Operations Department at P.O. Box 340, Swift Current, SK S9H 3W1.
- Hand in completed application to Customer Service at City Hall (paper copies of the application also available for pick-up)
Special note for other Rural Municipalities: If you are hauling from another R.M. without prior express permission from the City of Swift Current, you must make arrangements prior to using the landfill by calling 306-778-2748.
West of the City of Swift Current, there is another landfill that is for commercial and industrial use only, which accepts contaminated soils and asbestos. The West Landfill does not accept residential or household waste.
For additional information regarding landfills contact 306-778-2767 or email@example.com.