Event Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you're planning to hold an event in Swift Current, you may require a permit to do so.

If your event will require Temporary Seating, a Display, or a Special Activity on a portion of a City-owned Sidewalk, you will need to fill out an Application for use of City Sidewalk in Downtown Form.

If your event requires the Temporary Closure of a City Street, you are required to fill out a Temporary Street Closure Application Form.

Please note that for Community Events Only, The City of Swift Current will provide signage and barricades for events such as the soap box race, parades, small BBQ’s, etc. Organizations are required to pick-up and drop-off the required signs, barricades, cones, etc. which need to be signed out through the City’s Warehouse. The Organization is solely responsible for any damages and/or replacement costs for any sign, barricade or cone that is lost during an event.  

Both the Application for use of City Sidewalk in Downtown Form and the Temporary Street Closure Application Form must be filled out and returned to the City of Swift Current's Planning, Growth and Development Department prior to your event.

The Forms can be submitted via email to plng@swiftcurrent.ca or in-person at City Hall, 177 – 1st Avenue NE. To contact the Planning, Growth and Development Department, please call 306-778-2740.

Click here for information on booking an event at one of our facilities.