All property in the City of Swift Current is assigned a zoning designation identified in the Zoning Bylaw and associated map. This zoning designation identifies allowed land uses, and contains development standards such as building setbacks and parking requirements. In certain circumstances, it may be possible to amend these zoning requirements.
There are two types of Zoning Bylaw Amendments:
- Amendment to the Zoning Bylaw Map – Changing the zoning designation of a parcel of land to allow the development of a land use not permitted in the existing zone district.
- Amendment to the Zoning Bylaw Text – Changing the text of the bylaw to accommodate certain aspects of a particular use or proposal (ex. Adding a land use to a zoning district or changing the development standards within a zoning district).
To apply for a Zoning Bylaw Amendment, an applicant must:
- Complete an Amendment to Zoning Bylaw application form.
- Include a cheque or money order made payable to the City of Swift Current to cover the appropriate fee listed below:
- $400.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Cost of newspaper advertising.
- $60.00 registration fee if approved by City Council for an interest registration against the property title.
- Submit application, fee and any appropriate supporting materials to Planning and Growth Development, 177 1st Ave NE Swift Current, SK S9H 2B1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are encouraged to meet informally with staff before making application.
Links of Interest: