Recreation, Parks and Culture Master Plan
Currently, the City of Swift Current is experiencing an increase in growth, which is expected to continue into the future. In order to accommodate this growth, the City is working to create a new vision for the future of the City with the completion of a Recreation, Parks and Culture Master Plan to guide services and investments over the next 10 years including parks, trails, community facilities, and programs.
Over the course of 2018, the City will be engaged in asking residents to share your ideas for the future of recreation, parks, and culture in Swift Current.
Phase I – Background Analysis (COMPLETE)
• Background data analysis including demographics and population projections; parkland supply; and park design and development
Phase II – Preliminary Community Engagement & Consultation (COMPLETE)
• Community Survey available online to the public
• Supplementary Surveys
• Focus Group Workshops/Open Houses
Phase III – Draft Master Plan (IN PROGRESS)
• Feedback from Preliminary Community Engagement & Consultation is analyzed to form draft policies and recommendations
• A draft plan is to be completed based on feedback given during stakeholder and public review of the preliminary policies
• Additional stakeholder and public review of the draft Recreation, Parks and Culture Master Plan
Phase IV – Final Master Plan & Project Completion
• Final feedback from the public is analyzed and integrated into the final plan
• A presentation will be held with City Council for approval of the final plan