In-Fill (Residential and/or Commercial/Industrial)
The purpose of the In-fill policy is to set the regulations and charges for the inspection of used single family and duplex residential houses that the owner wishes to move into the in-fill area. The policies complement Section 56 of Bylaw No. 24 - 2014, the Zoning Bylaw.
- That used single family and duplex residential houses being moved into the in-fill area must be generally the same age or newer than the surrounding houses.
- That the Building Official shall have the right to require any upgrading deemed necessary.
- That all houses must be inspected and approved by the Building Official before a moving permit is issued. There will be a charge of $250.00 for the inspection. In addition there will be a $0.50 per kilometre charge for travel to and from the house to be inspected. There will be no travel charges for houses within five (5) kilometres from the City boundaries.
- That any exterior upgrading deemed necessary by the Building Official be completed within 90 days.
The In-Fill Area Application form is actually a Building Permit Application, available for download HERE, which can also be obtained from the Planning and Growth Development Division at City Hall. Click here to view the In Fill Map.
COMMERCIAL AND/OR INDUSTRIALThe property shall be located in a Commercial or Industrial District, as designated in the City Zoning Bylaw No. 24 - 2014. The building use shall conform to the allowed uses of the District.
- All buildings shall meet the requirements of the National Building & Fire Codes.
- The Building Official shall have the right to require any Engineering Reviews deemed necessary.
- The Building Official shall have the right to require any architectural upgrading deemed necessary to suit the surrounding properties.
- A moving permit shall be obtained through Engineering Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (306) 778-2748.
- All exterior repairs shall be completed within three (3) months of the date of the move.
- There will be an Inspection Fee of $250.00 plus $0.50 per kilometre travelled to and from the building to be inspected. No travel charges apply to buildings located within five (5) kilometres of the City boundaries. An advance will be collected which includes the estimated travel charges.
- All water and sewer services shall be replaced at the owner's expense.
- The Building Official shall have the right to reject any building deemed structurally unstable or unsuitable for the proposed location.