|PERMIT REQUIRED||NO PERMIT REQUIRED|
|New structures||Fencework or landscaping|
|New structural renovation work||Shingling, siding, other maintenance|
|Retaining walls||Painting or staining|
|Floor Plan Changes or Alterations||Drywall repair|
|Building Envelope Work (that affects vapour insulation barrier)||Flat concrete work (sidewalks, driveways, patios)|
Important: Start with this page for the latest news in our Division, as of July 25, 2023, in partnership with CCASK. Go here.
If you wish to build, an Application for Building Permit needs to be filled out for projects such as:
- Garden Sheds
- Retaining Walls
- Addition/s to Existing Buildings
Lots are available. To inquire, contact the City's Manager of Revenue & Collections at 306-778-2704.
Purchased lots must be paid in full (plus GST and Title Transfer Fees). Contact the Tax Office at 306-778-2704.
Click here to apply for Inner City Lots tax incentives for building new homes or moving in an existing home. City Hall has a map available that shows these lots.
Building Permit Guide:
- Visit this page Residential Building Permit Application to download one, or pick up a hard copy from City Hall.
- Establish the value of construction. This can be set by: official written estimates from a contractor, contractor's contract values, and Planning and Growth Development may estimate the value based on established construction costs. All of these documents must be provided in your package.
- Provide 2 copies of the: Site Plan, Foundation Plan, Wood Foundation Plan, Floor Plan, Elevations, and Cross-section and Details.
- The permit fee is payable upon application based on the value of construction ($5 per $1000 up to $100 000, then $4 per $1000 thereafter, minimum permit fee of $30.00.).
- Apply and pay for other necessary permits:
- Water/Sewer Connections - Engineering Services, 306-778-2748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moving Permit - Engineering Services, 306-778-2748 or email@example.com
- Electrical/Water Meters - Customer Service Desk, 306-778-2731
- Plumbing Permit - TSASK, 1-866-530-8599
- Electrical Permit - SaskPower, 1-888-757-6937
- Gas Permit - SaskEnergy, 306-778-4151
Any further questions, contact Planning and Growth Development at 306-778-2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org