|PERMIT REQUIRED||NO PERMIT REQUIRED|
|New structures||Fencework or landscaping|
|New structural renovation work||Shingling, siding, other maintenance|
|Retaining walls||Painting or staining|
|Flat concrete work (sidewalks, driveways, patios)|
Permit Application Forms:
- Application for Building Permit
- Garden Sheds
- Retaining Walls
- Addition To Existing Buildings
Moving a House In?
|REQUIRED PERMITS AND FEES||THINGS TO DO|
|Application to move a house in from City Hall||Inspection and approval by the Planning & Growth Development Committee prior to move in|
|Inspection Fee ($250.00 + $0.50 /km for the inspector)||City inspection of new services|
|Building Permit ($30.00)||Lead pipe replaced at owners' expense|
|Moving Permit ($50.00)||Create account for power and other services at City Hall|
|Demolition Permit ($50.00) if tearing down existing property|
Lots are available. To inquire, contact the City Assessor, Michael Kehler, at 306-778-2722.
Purchase lots must be paid in full (plus GST and Title Transfer Fees). Contact the Tax Office at 306-778-2703.
Click here to apply for Inner City Lots tax incentives for building new homes or moving in an existing home. City Hall has a map available that shows these lots.
Building Permit Guide:
- Download Building Permit Application, or pick up one from City Hall.
- Establish the value of construction. This can be set by:official written estimates from a contractor, contractor's contract values, and Planning and Growth Development may estimate the value based on established construction costs. All of these documents must be provided in your package.
- Provide 2 hard copies of the: Site Plan, Foundation Plan, Wood Foundation Plan, Floor Plan, Elevations, and Cross-section and Details.
- Once the application is approved, pay the permit fee that is based on the cost of construction. Cost: $5 on each $1000 up to $100 000, and $4 on each $1000 above $100 000.
- Apply and pay for other necessary permits:
- Water/Sewer Connections - Planning and Growth Development, 306-778-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electrical/Water Meters - Customer Service Desk, 306-778-2731
- Plumbing Permit - Planning and Growth Development, 306-778-2740 or email@example.com
- Electrical Permit - SaskPower, 1-888-757-6937
- Gas Permit - SaskEnergy, 306-778-4151
- Damage Deposit for Moving/Demolition Permit - Planning and Growth Development, 306-778-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org