Guide to Residential Construction
|PERMIT REQUIRED||NO PERMIT REQUIRED|
|New structures||Fencework or landscaping|
|New structural renovation work||Shingling, siding, other maintenance|
|Retaining walls||Painting or staining|
|Flat concrete work (sidewalks, driveways, patios)|
If you wish to build, an Application for Building Permit needs to be filled out for projects such as:
- Garden Sheds
- Retaining Walls
- Addition/s to Existing Buildings
Lots are available. To inquire, contact Nancy Lemay at 306-778-2704.
Purchased lots must be paid in full (plus GST and Title Transfer Fees). Contact the Tax Office at 306-778-2704.
Click here to apply for Inner City Lots tax incentives for building new homes or moving in an existing home. City Hall has a map available that shows these lots.
Building Permit Guide:
- Visit this page Residential Building Permit Application to download one, or pick up a hard copy from City Hall.
- Establish the value of construction. This can be set by: official written estimates from a contractor, contractor's contract values, and Planning and Growth Development may estimate the value based on established construction costs. All of these documents must be provided in your package.
- Provide 2 copies of the: Site Plan, Foundation Plan, Wood Foundation Plan, Floor Plan, Elevations, and Cross-section and Details.
- The permit fee is payable upon application based on the value of construction ($5 per $1000 up to $100 000, then $4 per $1000 thereafter, minimum permit fee of $30.00.).
- Apply and pay for other necessary permits:
- Water/Sewer Connections - Engineering Services, 306-778-2748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moving Permit - Engineering Services, 306-778-2748 or email@example.com
- Electrical/Water Meters - Customer Service Desk, 306-778-2731
- Plumbing Permit - TSASK, 1-866-530-8599
- Electrical Permit - SaskPower, 1-888-757-6937
- Gas Permit - SaskEnergy, 306-778-4151
Any further questions, contact Planning and Growth Development at 306-778-2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org