The City Clerk for the City of Swift Current is Lee Ann Thibodeau-Hodgson. The City Clerk is appointed by City Council and is part of the Administrative Team.
The City Clerk is responsible for administering the City’s legislative obligations in accordance with The Cities Act and other legislation.
The primary duties of the City Clerk are as follows:
- Preparing and distributing agendas for City Council meetings; recording the deliberations of the City Council and transmitting to all concerned parties the results of these deliberations.
- Entrusted with maintaining, processing and recording all proceedings and other records of the City Council and the City to include Minutes, Bylaws, Agreements and Contracts.
- Public administrative support services to Councillors.
- Advises Council of its legislative responsibilities.
- Serves as the City’s Returning Officer for Municipal Elections as well as the Associate Returning Officer for the School Board Elections. Elections are held every four years; however, an election could be held at any other time in order to fill a vacancy caused by resignation, etc. or to vote on a bylaw as a result of a petition from electors.
- Communication link between the general public, City Administration and City Council.
- One of the Signing Officers for the City of Swift Current.
- Provides legislative and procedural research and information to Council, City Departments and the public regarding hearings, petitions and provincial statues relating to Municipal Government.
- Provides Public Notice as required.
- Administers the Oaths of Office for City Council and maintains custody of the City’s corporate seal.
- Provides support to various Boards and Committees.
PUBLIC NOTICE: City Council intends to consider a Borrowing Bylaw for financing within the General Government and Utility Operations. Read the full Notice here.
PUBLIC NOTICE: City Council will be holding a Public Hearing on Friday, September 28 at 12:00 PM in Council Chambers to consider a Discretionary Use Application for the proposed development of a Cannabis Retail Store at 106 Central Avenue North in accordance with Zoning Bylaw No. 24 – 2014. Read the full Notice here.
PUBLIC NOTICE: City Council will be holding a Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 9 at 6:30 PM in Council Chambers to consider a Discretionary Land Use Application for the proposed development of an alkaline hydrolysis unit for water-based cremation as an accessory use to the Swift Current Funeral Home at 233 Lorne Street East in accordance with Zoning Bylaw No. 24 – 2014. Click to view the Notice and Lot Map.
Participate in Local Government...Apply for City Boards and Committees: Read the 2018 Board Booklet here.
If you require further information, please contact us through one of the following: