This program has ended for the season effective October 17, 2016. Watch this page for program details once again in the Spring!
Swift Current’s Neighborhood Yard Waste and Tree Trimmings collection program…
Beginning Monday April 4th, Yard Waste and Tree Trimming bins will be located around the community for free disposal! These bins are not for commercial use; they are for residential yard waste only. If bins are full, please try another location. (Please note: newly added location at Swift Current Mall!)
The locations are:
- 3rd Ave SE - Southside Outdoor Rink
- i-Plex North parking lot
- 8th Avenue NW near former St. Patrick Elementary School
- Swift Current Mall - West lot by Safeway
- Colonel Clifton Center & Library parking lot
Yard Waste is defined as:
- Grass clippings
- Plant matter
- Hedge clippings/brush/twigs (less than 2” thick)
Tree Trimmings are defined as:
- Tree clippings and small branches under 4" diameter and trimmed shorter than 6 ft. long to fit in the bins.
- Roots, stumps and oversize limbs are not permitted. Please transport such material to the Landfill.
Contamination and Courtesy
- No household garbage, plastics, food waste, commercial wood/treated wood or furniture in these bins
- If bins are full, please do not dump on the ground near the bins. Try another location instead.
- Bins that are too heavy (because of full trees, stumps, lumber or overflowing tall branches) cannot be transported, so please support the program by your cooperation with the guidelines.
Yard Waste at the Landfill
- Please tarp loads for transport
- Yard waste must be in compostable bags, loose or debagged on site to be at the Landfill free of charge.
- Bagged yard waste is subject to regular disposal fees
This program has ended for the season effective October 17, 2016.