Applications are by resume only.
- The Human Resources Department is responsible for recruiting suitable applicants for positions in the Swift Current Fire Department.
- Postings for new and/or vacant positions shall be posted and advertised in accordance with the Collective Agreement and the City of Swift Current Hiring Policy – Permanent Positions.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Firefighter Level 2 – NFPA 1001
- Valid Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (BLS - C)
- Valid Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) with the ability to become licensed under Saskatchewan College of Paramedics (SCOP)
- Valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Drivers license or equivalent from other province or state
Additional Credit may be given for the following:
- Apparatus Equipped with a pump - Driver Operator – NFPA 1002
- Apparatus Equipped with an Aerial Device – NFPA 1002
- Incident Command System 100, 200, 300, 400
- Fire Service Instructor Level 1,2 NFPA 1041
- Fire Service Public Educator NFPA 1035
- Fire Inspector Level 1, 2 NFPA 1031
- Fire Investigator NPFA 1033
- HAZMAT Technician NFPA 472
- CPR Instructor
- Drivers License – Class 3 with Air Endorsement
**All fire related courses are to be IFSAC or Pro Board Certified**
**Criminal Record / vulnerable sector check & drivers abstract must accompany resume. **
In addition to providing the above, all candidates must successfully complete the Department of National Defense Firefighter Physical Fitness Test.
- Applications for new positions shall be screened by the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chiefs to create a short list of applicants for interview.
- The shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a selection committee made up of the Fire Chief as Chairman, Deputy Chief(s), Director of Human Resources or representative.
- Candidates will be ranked by their interview, resume and physical test results.
- The Human Resources Department will check references on the highest ranked applicant(s).
- The Fire Chief will make a written offer to the highest rated candidate(s) based on successful completion of reference checks and tests and request a written acceptance letter.
- Fire Department Medical – Must be completed within 60 days of hire, scheduled by Swift Current Fire Department with the department physician.