The City of Swift Current offers the Tax Installment Payment Service (TIPS), a pre-authorized payment plan that assists Property Tax customers with budgeting by collecting equal, monthly installments of annual Property Taxes with no additional fees.
The TIPS payments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the 15th day of each month, with the June payment adjusted to reflect new mill rates. No penalties are incurred by the customer if payments are made according to TIPS guidelines.
To participate in TIPS, you must have:
- Your Property Tax account is up-to-date (paid in full) at the time of registration, and
- A Chequing Account at a financial institution
REGISTERING FOR TIPS:
Step 1: Fill out and sign the TIPS Registration Form
- Download the TIPS Registration Form here
- Visit City Hall and we can provide a TIPS Registration Form to you
- Request a TIPS Registration Form via email by contacting our Taxation Department at 306.778.2703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Prepare a Void Cheque or Account Withdrawal Form from your financial institution
Step 3: Deliver your completed TIPS Registration Form and Void Cheque/Account Withdrawal Form to us
- In person at City hall
- Via mail: P.O. Box 340; Swift Current, SK, S9H 3W1
- Via email: email@example.com
KEEP IN MIND
- If any payments are missed, the City may remove you from TIPS and request payment of the total outstanding taxes, plus penalties.
- You can withdraw from TIPS by giving written notice to Corporate Services five days prior to the next scheduled payment (by the 10th of the month).
- TIPS participation is not transferable if you sell your home. TIPS payments are non-refundable.
For more information on the TIPS program, or for general enquiries about taxation, please feel free to contact us…
- By telephone: 306.778.2703
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org