Annual municipal Property Taxes are generally due to be paid at the end of June each year. Tax Notices are mailed to all property owners in late-Spring, once municipal and school board mill rates have been set. It is important to note that:
- 1% arrears penalties shall be added monthly and form part of taxes outstanding from prior years.
- Taxes in arrears shall have a lien attached and are subject to tax enforcement.
- January and February discounts may be available for pre-payments of current year municipal taxes based on prior year levies.
METHODS OF PAYMENT:
- Direct payments: Pay in-person at City Hall (cash, cheque and debit card).
- Tax Instalment Payment Service (TIPS)/Pre-authorized Payment Plan.
- Online Banking: You can pay your taxes online through your financial institution using the Account Number for Online Banking located on the top, right corner of your Tax Notice.
- Please check with your banking representative as to their procedure for processing payments by this method.
- Allow at least 2 business days for your payment to be posted to your tax account.
- SwiftConnect: Sign up for online billing and payment options. Please allow at least two business days for your payment to be posted to your tax card.
ANNUAL LUMP SUM:
If you wish to pay your Property Taxes in one installment, you can do so…
- In-person at City Hall with cash, cheque or debit.
- Via mail, on or before the Due Date.
- We recommend post-dating your cheque to the Due Date.
- To avoid penalty, the City must receive your cheque by the Due Date, regardless of post-date.
For more information, please feel free to contact us…
- By telephone: 306.778.2703 or 306.778.2704
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org