Do you need a New Year's Resolution? Take the 5th annual Wellness Challenge!
Check out the 2017 Wellness Challenge videos...
- Challenge runs from January 16 – February 12 (4 weeks)
- Register a team from your workplace, family or friends (minimum of 5 members)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your team name, # of participants & team captain.
Description of challenge:
- Each member keeps track of daily wellness points.
- Nutrition: Vegetables & Fruits (7 servings) = 7 pt
Grain Products (6 servings) = 6 pts
Milk & Alternatives (2 servings) = 2 pts
Meat & Alternatives (2 servings) = 2 pts
*Max points/day for nutrition = 17
- Water: 6 cups of water – 1 point/cup *Max points/day for water = 6
- Sleep: 7 hours of sleep - 1 point/hour *Max points/day for sleep = 7
- Physical Activity: 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity in a week
5 points/10 minutes
*Max points/week for physical activity = 75
- Wellness Education: Attend the weekly lunch & learns or watch the videos = 5
Complete the educational activity/worksheet = 5
*Max points/week = 295 points
- Report to team captain once a week with your points & any questions you may have.
- The team captain is to compile the total team points per week and report the points to Val Choo-Foo by Feb. 1st for a mid-report and then by Feb. 17th for the final report.
- Prizes for the top 5 overall individuals with the highest points
- Prize for the team with the highest average of points!!
- Greatest prize – your health and wellness!
Thank you to the SC Kiwanis Club for sponsoring the Wellness Challenge!
Click the following links for additional information/resources:
“There are seven days in the week . . . Some day is not one of them.”