The COVID-19 pandemic may be keeping us in and around the house these days, but there are still many things we can do to protect our health and well-being besides social distancing and washing our hands, including many fun and entertaining activities to stay engaged, active and connected! Below are different activities that you may wish to participate in. Activities for 6 months to 5 years as well as Forever in Motion videos can also be found in the tabs to the left. Have fun and stay healthy and safe!
- Wellness Bingo
- Indoor & Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
- ABC Physical Activity Game
- Easter Activities
- Nutrition Jeopardy
- Wellness Bingo for Seniors --- Challenge running April 6 - May 4! Once you complete the bingo, send a photo of the card or scan a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7 for a chance to win a prize!
- Active Math Games
- Balloon Games
- Brain Teasers
- Bookopoly & Bookopoly instructions Challenge running April 13 - June 12! Send your completed reading log to email@example.com by June 12 for a chance to win a free book!
- Coolest Science Experiments for Kids
- Indoor Obstacle Course
- Easy Magic Tricks
- Kids in the Kitchen
- COVID-19 Time Capsule
- Earth Day Activities - April 22 is Earth Day!
- Nature Play Activities:
- Mother's Day (Crafts & Games)
- Looking for an art project to try with items you probably have around your house? Follow Art Gallery of Swift Current on Facebook for some instructional videos of fun projects!
- For a virtual tour of Art Gallery of Swift Current and documentaries, be sure to visit Art Gallery of Swift's website at artgalleryofswiftcurrent.org.
- Great ideas and activities can be found at http://www.saskatchewaninmotion.ca/post/staying-active-while-staying-home
- Lots of fun games can be found at http://www.push2play.ca/
Social Media Contest:
As you take part in the various Home Activities posted above, take a second and snap a photo, then share it on Facebook with hashtag #cityscathome for a chance to win a Community Services Prize Pack!
- Contest runs April 22 – May 6
- Eligible activities can be found at www.switcurrent.ca/athome. New activities are posted weekly.
- Post your photo on Facebook using hashtag #cityscathome
- In maintaining social distancing and stay home protocols, participation in this contest and activities must take place at home with immediate family only
- By posting a picture and using the specified hashtag/tagging the City of Swift Current, you give the City of Swift Current consent to use the photo(s) in social media and online promotions, as well as any city publications
- Prize: Community Services Prize Pack – Includes four 9 hole passes for Chinook Golf Course, 10 Punch Combo Swim Pass and a family game pack!
Questions? Please contact Community Services at 306-778-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.