Recreation, Parks & Culture Master Plan
The City of Swift Current is experiencing an increase in growth, which is expected to continue into the future. In order to accommodate this growth, the City is working to create a new vision for the future of the City, including the completion of a Recreation, Parks & Culture Master Plan. The Plan will guide services and investments over the next 10 years in the areas of parks, trails, community facilities, and programs.
Since 2018, the City has been engaged in asking residents to share your ideas for the future of recreation, parks, and culture in Swift Current. The Work Plan below outlines the various Phases of this project, and provides a status update of this process.
It's here! Click here to view the final version of the Recreation, Parks & Culture Master Plan, as adopted by City Council on January 25, 2021.
Phase I – Background Analysis (COMPLETE)
• Background data analysis including demographics and population projections; parkland supply; and park design and development
Phase II – Preliminary Community Engagement & Consultation (COMPLETE)
• Community Survey available online to the public
• Supplementary Surveys
• Focus Group Workshops/Open Houses
Phase III – Draft Master Plan (COMPLETE)
• Feedback from Preliminary Community Engagement & Consultation is analyzed to form draft policies and recommendations
• A draft plan is to be completed based on feedback given during stakeholder and public review of the preliminary policies
• Additional stakeholder and public review of the draft Recreation, Parks and Culture Master Plan
Phase IV – Final Master Plan & Project Completion (JANUARY 25, 2021 – COMPLETE)
• Final feedback from the public is analyzed and integrated into the final plan
• A presentation will be held with City Council for approval of the final plan