The purpose of the “Living Sky Community Development Corporation” funding is to provide funds to local, non-profit and volunteer-based organizations who aim to provide programs and services that support Economic, Social and Cultural Development, Justice and Health Initiatives, Senior and Youth programming or Community Infrastructure Development and Maintenance in our communities. Funds are available based on the success of the “Living Sky Community Development Corporation” in Swift Current and provided through the City of Swift Current. These funds assist in maintaining, improving and expanding opportunities for people of all ages to derive the benefits from initiatives that sustain a healthy and active community. A priority will be given to initiatives that improve the exposure and programming for First Nation people in Southwest Saskatchewan.
The City of Swift Current distributes funds on an annual basis to local, non-profit and volunteer-based community groups that provide opportunities in one of the seven (7) project categories: Economic Development, Social Development, Justice Initiatives, Senior and Youth Programs, Cultural Development, Community Infrastructure Development and Maintenance and Health Initiatives.
• Projects or programs must be offered between January 1st, 2023, and February 14th, 2024.
• The applicant must be a local, non-profit organization providing a benefit to one of the seven (7)project categories.
• Private individuals, specific teams or groups within an existing organization are not eligible for funding. (Ie: local AAA hockey or baseball club)
• Organizations must have appropriate insurance (both liability and participant) for any endeavors funded through this grant. Proof of insurance must be included with application.
• Any project, program or event must be designed and operated on a non-profit basis.
• Projects, programs or events for consideration should not duplicate existing services.
• City of Swift Current and Living Sky Development Corporation must be publicly acknowledged by any organization receiving a grant during their promotion or acknowledgement of their activities.
• Programs/projects that receive grants from the City of Swift Current Saskatchewan Lotteries Community Grant may not be deemed eligible for this funding.
• Organizations are required to submit one (1) signed copy of the completed application form to the City of Swift Current by October 13, 2023.
• CLICK HERE for Application & Follow up form
For more information or if you have any questions, please call 306-778-2787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org