The Swift Current Main Street Incentive Program includes monetary incentives for development of properties located in the Downtown Central Commercial District. The program is designed to provide financial assistance as well as recognition for the appropriate development of both new and existing buildings within the Downtown. A grant and tax incentive program has been adopted by the City to foster the positive reinvestment, restoration, and maintenance of our downtown buildings. Owners of properties within Downtown Swift Current are eligible to receive incentives toward further investments in their properties.
The Incentive Program includes grants for the following activities:
- Grants for heritage facade renderings are offered for property owners wanting a plan for exterior restoration of their building.
- Exterior alterations are offered at 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum of $10,000 for major renovation projects.
- General maintenance may be funded at 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum of $2,000.
- Grants for signage are offered at 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum of $2,000.
- Downtown beautification, planters, and landscaping may be funded at 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum of $2,000.
- The City of Swift Current has tax incentive policies that apply to the increased assessment caused by improvements to the building for both businesses and multi-family development.
These incentives are offered by the Swift Current Main Street Organization and the City of Swift Current to provide property owners within the Downtown Central Commercial District tangible community support as well as the financial means necessary to assist with the restoration and maintenance of our downtown resources to the benefit of the community as a whole.
For more information please contact Main Street Swift Current. The program is separate from the Museum and Museum staff will not be able to answer any detailed questions.