The Light and Power department provides many services to the citizens of Swift Current as well as providing help to other departments in City Hall. Included among these services are trench digging and lighting for other departments and they also handle the meter readings for SaskEnergy.
Here is a list of some of the services provided by this department to the people of the community:
- Tenancy changes for power & water
- Location of underground electrical facilities
- Installation of electrical distribution and services
- Clearing of trees close to power lines
- Repairing of street lights
- Residential Overhead to Underground Conversion
Also, consumers may request for underground secondary service from an overhead distribution system (existing areas serviced overhead). The Light and Power Department shall supply and install the service entrance cable from the meter socket to the supply. A flat fee of $750.00 for the first 25 meters and a cost of $15.00 per meter thereafter for underground services in overhead areas.