City of Swift Current
….. a growing, vital, thriving city, the choice location in Saskatchewan in which to live, work, invest, visit and play. Where Life Makes Sense!
Auxiliary Volunteer Fire Fighters
- Posted Date:09/02/2022
- Deadline to Apply:09/30/2022
This is YOUR chance to serve YOUR Community and experience a unique opportunity to learn the basics of public safety and to participate in the delivery of emergency services.
Auxiliary Volunteer Fire Fighters complement the work of our career Fire Fighters and are a vital component of the Fire Department. Auxiliaries provide a supporting role to our career Fire Fighters in terms of fire suppression, fire prevention and public education, dangerous goods and other public safety services.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Minimum 18 years of age and employable in the Province of Saskatchewan.
• Must live and work within a 10-minute response to the fire hall.
• Have an employer willing to sign a waiver to permit the Auxiliary fire Fighter to respond from their job to emergency situations as well as scheduled training.
• Have completed Grade 12 or GED equivalency.
• Have a valid Driver’s License and able to achieve a Class 3A License.
• Have the reliable means to transport yourself, at any time, to the fire hall or the place of an emergency as directed.
• Willingness to obtain a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as we are a Youth Certified Employer.
• Successfully complete job-related physical fitness drills.
• Willing to attend training, emergencies and other activities as required.
• Be willing and able to learn, take direction and be a team player.
• Have good oral and written communication skills.
• Be of sound mind and body as required to perform the duties of a firefighter.
• Be of good character, be strongly motivated and exhibit a positive attitude.
Benefits Provided to Auxiliary Fire Fighters:
• Retainer fee ($150 - $250 per month)
• Hourly compensation rate ($17.50 to $20.50 per hour)
• Protective clothing, station-wear uniform
• Worker’s Compensation and disability/life insurance coverage
• Training provided to be certified in NFPA 472, 1001 & 1002.
If this challenging opportunity interests you, please submit a resume and complete application form located here by September 31, 2022 to:
City of Swift Current Fax: (306) 778-2194
P.O. Box 340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swift Current, SK S9H 3W1
For further information about the City of Swift Current Fire Department, visit our website at http://www.swiftcurrent.ca/divisions/emergency-services/fire-department
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.