City of Swift Current
….. a growing, vital, thriving city, the choice location in Saskatchewan in which to live, work, invest, visit and play. Where Life Makes Sense!
Lifeguard/ Instructor 1
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$21.09 to $23.37/ hour
- Posted Date:08/17/2022
The City of Swift Current is inviting applications for Instructor/Lifeguard I positions at the Aquatic Facilities in the Community Services Division. These are non-permanent casual positions, primarily working evening and weekend shifts.
Under the direction of the Aquatic Manager, you will instruct and lifeguard. Duties include conducting swim lessons, monitoring aquatic facility activities, ensuring adherence to rules and safety regulations, perform water rescues and general first aid, organize and participate in pool maintenance. You will be required to perform basic administrative duties such as record keeping and incident reporting.
• Lifesaving/SWIM Instructor;
• National Lifeguard Award;
• Ability to work effectively with staff, management and the public;
• Physical condition must allow performance of strenuous swimming and lifesaving tasks;
• Aquatic Emergency Care and/or Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED;
• WHMIS; and
• A willingness to become Youth Certified.
The hourly rate of pay is $21.09 to $23.37 per hour in accordance with the City of Swift Current CUPE Local 183 Collective Agreement.
These positions will remain open until filled.
Please submit your resume and three working references to:
Human Resources Department
City of Swift Current Fax: (306) 778-2194
P.O. Box 340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swift Current, SK
We wish to thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.